March 22, 2013

Lights, Camera, Action!

Day 2 of the video shoot done.  Wahoo. It was quite the production – lights, camera, action! And action there was. Babies were crawling everywhere, doing what babies do. Laughing (okay- a little bit of crying), dancing and -of course- playing with CooCubes. My friends and their sweet little ones came over for a play date today and Brett was here to capture the action on camera. And what you see is what you get- there is no "acting" with babies- that's for sure.  I was; however, missing my mini “assistant” today- she was at school. Bummer.

After all the babies went home for nap time it was my turn to speak to the camera - to open up and tell my story. I’ve been a bit nervous leading up to today but you know what - it was very liberating!  It felt really good to share my inspiration, motivations, and aspirations (that’s a whole lot of tions).  When I let myself go – freedom to share the story – I found myself so reinvigorated! It did take me a little bit to feel comfortable behind the camera but I think we were able to get some good footage by the end of the day.  I haven’t seen any of it yet - a little embarrassed to check it out!

So now it’s time to put all the pieces together.  April is going to be an exciting month. Speaking of - I know we were shooting to launch the Kickstarter campaign in March but it is looking like April. It stinks to have slipped into April but I am proud of all that we have accomplished.  It will be worth it - we have some things up our sleeves so stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment